1. PM Modi Inaugurates 3rd AIIB Meeting In Mumbai
ii. The Prime Minister met business leaders and captains of industry, for a discussion on issues such as economic growth, infrastructure development, policy initiatives, investment, innovation and job creation.
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank President- Liqun Jin.
- AIIB Headquarters in Beijing, China.
- In the past, AIIB annual meetings have been held in Beijing, China, in 2016 and in Jeju, South Korea, in 2017.
ii. The first edition of CORPAT between two navies was inaugurated by Indian Navy’s Chief Admiral Sunil Lanba during his visit to Bangladesh. The aim Navy Chief’s visit was to consolidate bilateral defence relations between India and Bangladesh and to explore new avenues for naval cooperation.
- Bangladesh PM- Sheikh Hasina, Capital- Dhaka, Currency- Bangladeshi Taka.
- Indian Navy regularly conducts CORPATs with Indonesia, Thailand and Myanmar.
ii. The three year MoU on ‘cooperation in the power distribution sector’ will encompass joint studies, pilot projects, knowledge-sharing and consultancy, research projects for inducting future and emerging technologies at the distribution utility level.
- Raj Kumar Singh is the Minister of State (I/C) of the Ministry of Power.
ii. The combined objective under this MoU is to scale up the health programs to create trained personnel in the healthcare sector and to set up a dedicated cell for developing, implementing and certifying the skill-based programs at IGNOU.
ii. His closest rival Muharrem Ince was on 31%. He will now assume sweeping new powers, won in a controversial referendum in 2017. The post of PM will be abolished.
- Turkey Capital- Ankara, Currency- Turkish lira.
ii. The theme for 2018 is: “Listen First – Listening to children and youth is the first step to help them grow healthy and safe.”
- World Refugee Day was established by the United Nations on December 4, 2000.
- Antonio Guterres is the Secretary-General of the United States.
- The UN Headquarters in New York, United States.
ii. Panchami Majhi of Titlagarh and Rashmirekha Hansdah of Mayurbhanj were declared as the first and second runners-up of the beauty pageant, respectively.
ii. The honour comes in recognition of an actor, who has interpreted striking roles in the Indian film industry, experimented with various forms of films as well as shown an abiding commitment to important social issues.
- France Capital- Paris, Currencies– Euro, CFP franc, President- Emmanuel Macron.
|Sl. No.||Name of Category of Award||Name of Institution/Individual|
|1.||Best Integrated Rehabilitation Centre for Addicts (IRCA) for providing rehabilitation services to alcoholics and drug users.||Tapovan Nashamukti Evam Punarwas Sansthan, Rajasthan.|
|2.||Best Panchayati Raj or Municipal Body working for prevention of alcoholism and substance (drug) abuse||Lariapali Gram Panchayat, District Sambalpur, Odisha.|
|3.||Best Educational Institution doing outstanding work in awareness generation and prevention of alcoholism and substance (drug) abuse||Punjab Institute of Medical Science, Jalandhar, Punjab.|
|4.||Best Non-Profit Institution, with outstanding contribution in Prevention of Alcoholism and Substance (Drugs) Abuse||Nashabandi Mandal, Mumbai, Maharashtra.|
|5.||Best Research or Innovation||Drug De-addiction and Treatment Centre (DDTC), Chandigarh.|
|6.||Best Awareness Campaign||State Literacy Mission Authority (SLMA), Bihar.|
|7.||Outstanding achievement by an Individual.||i. Dr. R.C. Sahni, Rajasthan.
ii. Dr. Rajesh Tukaram Patil, Goa
iii. Shri L.R. Madhujan, Kerala.
Ranks and Reports
ii. The only Western nation in the top 10 was the United States, which ranked joint third when respondents were asked where women were most at risk of sexual violence, harassment and being coerced into sex.
11. Ministry of Women and Child Development Launches Report On ‘Women in Prisons’
ii. The report contains a comprehensive list of 134 recommendations for improving the lives of women under incarceration, addressing a wide range of issues pertaining to pregnancy and childbirth in prison, mental health, legal aid, reintegration in society and their caregiving responsibilities among others
- Union Minister for Women and Child Development is Maneka Gandhi.