1. IRDAI Sets Up Panel To Review Norms For Marketing Firms
ii. The new distribution channel of insurance marketing firms was introduced in 2015 by IRDAI, with the objective of increasing insurance penetration in the country through an area-wise registration approach. The channel has now been in operation for three years.
- IRDAI stands for Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India.
- Headquarters of IRDAI is in Hyderabad.
- Subhash Chandra Khuntia is Chairman of IRDAI.
ii. This is the third consecutive year of National Yoga Olympiad of NCERT and this year about 500 students from 26 States are participating in the Olympiad. Two books – Joy of Theatre and Sangeet training packages were released on the occasion.
- International Day of Yoga is celebrated annually on 21 June since its inception in 2015.
3. Union Government Collaborates With Google For Flood Forecasting
ii. According to the Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Nitin Gadkari, the collaboration with Google will help in effective flood management in India. Using its high-resolution Digital Elevation Model (DEM), Google would help to generate flood inundation maps with the forecast inputs of CWC.
- Google CEO- Sundar Pichai, Parent organization- Alphabet Inc., Headquarters- The USA.
ii. This was the third and final phase of user exploitation firings in which six Dhanush guns were fired in battery formation at the Pokhran field firing range.
- General Bipin Rawat is the present Chief of Army Staff.
ii. With this achievement, KGS-1 stands second in the world among the Pressurised Heavy Water Reactors (PHWRs) and fourth among all nuclear power reactors in terms of continuous operation.
Appointments / Resignations
ii. The reason for the pullout was failure to control the situation in the state and meet its promises. BJP’s General Secretary Ram Madhav also called for Governor’s rule in Jammu & Kashmir.
- NN Vohra is the present Governor of Jammu and Kashmir.
- J & K Capitals- Jammu (Winter), Srinagar (Summer).
ii. Chanda Kochhar, ICICI Bank’s managing director and CEO will remain on leave until a committee investigating allegations of impropriety completes its work.
iii. Mr Bakhshi will continue as non-executive director of ICICI Prudential Life Insurance. N.S. Kannan has been appointed as CEO of ICICI Prudential Life Insurance for five years.
- ICICI Bank stands for Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India.
- Headquarters of ICICI Bank: Mumbai.
8. RBI Eases Norms For FPIs to Invest in Debt
- Urjit Patel- 24th Governor of RBI, Headquarters- Mumbai, Established on- 1st April 1935, in Kolkata.
9. Legendary Mimicry Artiste Nerella Venumadhav Passes Away
ii. Venumadhav served as MLC in 1971 in undivided Andhra Pradesh. He rose to international fame after his enthralling performance at the United Nations. He has conferred scores of awards, including the Padma Shri in 2001.