1. I&B Minister Inaugurates EU Film Festival in New Delhi
ii. The PM highlighted the importance of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog as a platform to inspire cooperative federalism, stressing the need for effective centre-state cooperation to advance development outcomes and achieve double-digit growth for India. States were called up to fix growth targets for their economies as the world looks towards India soon becoming a USD 5 trillion economy.
- NITI- National Institution for Transforming India.
- NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman- Rajiv Kumar, CEO- Amitabh Kant.
3. 11th Common Review Mission Report Released
ii. As per the Report, India has registered a record 22% reduction in MMR since 2013,which is the highest percentage decline so far when compared to all the previous reductions in MMR as per the earlier rounds of SRS. Maternal Mortality Ratio in India has declined from 167 in 2011-2013 to 130 in 2014-2016.
ii. She will be in France on the second leg and will meet her counterpart, Jean-Yves Le Drian in Paris to review the bilateral relations. Mrs Swaraj will reach Luxembourg on the 3rd leg and she will be visiting Belgium on the last and 4th leg.
- Italy Capital- Rome, Currency- Euro.
- France Capital- Paris, Currency- Euro and cfp franc.
- Luxembourg Capital- Luxembourg City, Currency- Euro.
- Belgium Capital- City of Brussels, Currency- Euro.
ii. The Quality Learning for All Program (QLEAP) will cover more than 18 million children studying in pre-primary level to grade 5. It will also finance implementation of the government’s Fourth Primary Education Development Program (PEDP4).
- President of the World Bank- Jim Yong Kim.
- Headquarters of World Bank- Washington, DC.
ii. Duque, who will turn 42 just before taking office will be Colombia’s youngest ever President.
- He will replace Juan Manuel Santos.
- Colombia Capital- Bogota, Currency- Colombian peso.
ii. India had maintained the top slot in greenfield FDI investment in 2015 and 2016. However, in 2017, the U.S. reclaimed the spot from India, recording $87.4 billion of announced FDI. In the Asia and Pacific region, China was on top in terms of FDI in the total number of new projects and capital investment, followed by India.
8. Muthoot Fincorp, NSDC to Train 10,000 Youth Under PMKVY
ii. With the partnership, Muthoot Fincorp claims to have become the first major private sector player to partner with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to launch the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY.2) programme.
- Muthoot Fincorp Ltd. is the flagship company of Muthoot Pappachan Group and is one of the largest NBFCs in India, registered with the Reserve Bank of India.
- Thomas John Muthoot is the Group Chairman & Managing Director of Muthoot Fincorp.
- It Headquarters in Kochi, Kerala.
9. Brooks Koepka Wins 2nd US Open Golf Title 2018
ii. The World number one Dustin Johnson finished third at plus-three on account of a 70. With this, Koepka becomes the first player since Curtis Strange in 1988-89 to win back-to-back U.S. Open events.
10. Roger Federer Wins 98th ATP Title in Stuttgart, Regained No. 1 Title
ii. The 36-year-old regained the world number one ranking. Federer made a return to the top ATP ranking for the sixth time. Tim Putz and Phillip Petzschner (Germany) won the Men’s Doubles title after defeating M. Matkowski (Poland) and R. Lindstedt (Sweden).
- The Stuttgart Open (also called the Mercedes Cup) is an ATP World Tour 250 series tennis tournament on the ATP Tour.
- Stuttgart Open was held in Germany.