1. President 3-Nation Visit: Leaves for Greece
- Greece Capital- Athens, Currency- Euro, President- Prokopis Pavlopoulos.
- Suriname Capital- Paramaribo, Currency- Surinamese dollar, President- Desire Delano Bouterse.
- Cuba Capital- Havana, Currency- Cuban Peso, President-Miguel Diaz-Canel Bermudez.
ii. World Bank has assured of positive consideration of both the projects. Fadnavis, who is on a three-nation tour, also attended a business discussion organised by US-India Strategic Partnership Forum.
iii. Mr Fadnavis was bestowed with the Outstanding Leadership in Development Award by Georgetown India Initiative and Centre for Strategic and International Studies.
- President of the World Bank- Jim Yong Kim.
- Headquarters of World Bank- Washington, DC.
3. World’s Most Experienced Spacewoman Peggy Whitson Retires As Astronaut
ii. The 58-year-old is the oldest woman to go into space and also the most experienced female spacewalker, with 10 missions.
- NASA- National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
- NASA was founded in 1958.
- Jim Bridenstine is the 13th Administrator of NASA.
ii. The book ‘Water productivity mapping of major Indian crops’ is based on a study of 10 important crops by a team under the leadership of leading agricultural economist Dr. Ashok Gulati.
- NABARD stands for National Bank For Agriculture And Rural Development.
- NABARD came into existence on 12 July 1982.
- Headquarters- Mumbai, Chairman- Dr Harsh Kumar Bhanwala.
5. Fitch Lowers Axis Bank’s Outlook To Negative, Cuts ICICI Bank’s Support Ratings
ii. It downgraded ICICI Bank’s ‘support rating’ to ‘3’, from ‘2’, its support rating floor to ‘BB+’, from ‘BBB-’. But the agency has affirmed the issuer default ratings and viability ratings of ICICI Bank and Axis Bank at ‘BBB-’ and ‘BBB-’. Axis Bank’s rating degraded to negative from stable, pointing to the high proportion of NPAs.
- ICICI Bank stands for Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India.
- Chanda Kochhar is the MD and CEO of ICICI Bank.
- Headquarters of ICICI Bank: Mumbai.
- Axis Bank CEO and MD- Shikha Sharma, Head Office- Mumbai.
6. Veteran Journalist Adiraju Venkateswara Rao Passes Away
ii. He played an active role in the separate Telangana agitation in 1969 and the state government honoured him during the Telangana formation day celebrations recently.