The Cabinet has approved-
1. MoU between India and Angola for promoting bilateral cooperation in the field of Electronics and Information Technology.
2. MoU signed between India and France in the field of Renewable Energy.
3. MoU between India and Denmark on Food Safety Cooperation.
4. MoU between India and Morocco on India-Morocco cooperation in Renewable Energy.
5. MoU between India and Turkey on trade in poppy seeds to ensure quick and transparent processing for import of poppy seeds from Turkey.
6. MoU between India and Singapore on Cooperation in the field of Personnel Management and Public Administration.
7. Provision of mobile connectivity in Left Wing Extremism Areas.
8. Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF) scheme for the provision of mobile services in Meghalaya under Comprehensive Telecom Development Plan (CTDP) for North Eastern Region.
2. MCX Launches India’s 1st Copper Options
ii. The option contract will provide physical market participants an additional instrument to hedge their risk.
- The Managing Director of MCX is Mrugank Paranjape.
ii. In order to identify people who can be given funds under the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY), the ministry has organised an event in Mumbai to extend loan under the scheme.
- PMMY was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on April 8, 2015, for providing loans of up to Rs 10 lakh to the non-corporate, non-farm small/micro enterprises.
- The Border Security Force came into existence on 01 Dec 1965, and Mr K F Rustamji was the 1st chief and founding father.
- BSF Headquarters in New Delhi.
- KK Sharma is the present Director General of BSF.
ii. An Indian Forest Service officer, Agrawal is presently joint secretary in the Department of Heavy Industry (DHI), Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises.
6. HD Kumaraswamy Took Oath as New Karnataka CM
ii. Congress Leader G. Parameshwara was sworn in as Deputy Chief Minister. There are 221 elected members in the Legislative Assembly, and the coalition partners have 117 members.
ii. The bank will thus become one of the largest employers in the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar region. The bank had taken 20,000 sq, ft of office space in GIFT City, making it the first Indian bank to move several key operations to the smart city.
- P. S. Jayakumar is the MD and CEO of Bank of Baroda.
- It headquarters in Vadodara, Gujarat.
ii. It bagged the 67,000 US dollar prize after topping a shortlist of six titles, with Tokarczuk becoming the first Polish writer to win the award. The head judge of the awards was Lisa Appignanesi.
- The Man Booker International Prize celebrates the English translations of works of international literature.
- In 1971, V.S. Naipaul’s novel In a Free State was the first book by an Indian novelist to win the Booker.
The World Record for the fastest ODI 50 (16 balls), 100 (31 balls) and 150 (64 balls), the second highest individual Test score for South Africa (278*), the highest points (935) by a South African on the ICC Test rankings.
ii. IOS will now manage their endorsements, appearances, brand profiling, patents, licensing and digital rights, images, and visibility on social networking sites. With this deal, Manika and Mirabai join the likes of boxing stars MC Mary Kom, Vijender Singh and Saina Nehwal on the IOS roster.