ii. Prime Minister Modi also dedicated to the nation a 330 MW Kishenganga hydroelectric project from Srinagar. There are 7 functional NHPC power projects in J&K. The project has been built at a cost of Rs 5200 cr.
- Jammu and Kashmir CM- Mehbooba Mufti Sayeed, Governor- N. N. Vohra.
ii. According to the Managing Director of Seven Summit Treks, Mingma Sherpa, 16-year-old Haryana Born Shivangi successfully stood atop world’s highest mountain.
- Arunima Sinha was the first Indian amputee to climb Mt Everest.
- In 2014, 13-year-old Malavath Poorna from India had climbed Mt Everest from Tibet side and became the youngest girl in the world to the summit at Everest.
3. Netherlands PM Mark Rutte to be on 2-Day Official Visit to India
ii. During the visit, the India-Dutch CEOs forum will take place in New Delhi. India and The Netherlands have a bilateral trade of 5.39 billion dollars. The Netherlands is the 5th largest investor in India.
- Netherlands Capital- Amsterdam, Currency- Euro, USD.
ii. Dr Harsh Vardan at the ongoing 4th BRICS Environment Ministerial in Durban, South Africa had urged the BRICS nations to jointly help in the development of a social movement to fight for the protection and conservation of the environment.
ii. Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog, along with Atul Chaturvedi, Additional Secretary, DIPP addressed the inaugural address of the Symposium, which was attended by Alexandre Ziegler, Ambassador of France to India.
- NITI- National Institution for Transforming India.
- NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman- Rajiv Kumar, CEO- Amitabh Kant.
ii. The “AYUSH” became popular as the acronym for five traditional and complementary systems of medicine, namely Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy and successfully adopted and used in all Government communications.
- Shripad Naik is the Union AYUSH Minister of India.
- Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy is abbreviated as AYUSH.
ii. The UN World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) as of mid-2018 launched recently stated that GDP growth in India is expected to climb to 7.5 and 7.6% in fiscal years 2017-18 and 2018-19 respectively.
iii. This is a substantial recovery from the 6.7% growth India registered in fiscal year 2017. Amid ongoing structural reforms, growth in the Chinese economy is projected to gradually moderate from 6.9% in 2017 to 6.5% in 2018 and 6.3% in 2019.
- The United Nations is an international organization founded in 24th of October 1945.
- It is currently made up of 193 Member States.
- The Headquarters of UN: New York, USA.
- Antonio Guterres is the Secretary-General of United Nations.
ii. Jagriti Yatra organises 15-day train journeys, covering 800 km for 400 young change-makers across India every year. It has created some of India’s foremost social entrepreneurs and pioneers of enterprise-led development that cuts across socio-economic boundaries in India.
ii. This is the first time since inception of this award that an Indian Company bagged an award in this category.
- NMDC is the largest iron ore mining company in India.
- With iron ore production of around 35 million tonnes per annum, it has a domestic market share of about 25% (non-captive category).
- It Headquarters in Hyderabad.
ii. The former CIA chief, Mike Pompeo, left to become US Secretary of State.
11. Karnataka CM Yeddyurappa Resigns
ii. The Congress with 78 MLAs, the JD(S) with 36 and three others were also individually not in a position to form the government. But with BJP now exiting the picture, the Congress-JD(S) combine has 114 seats, more than the required number.