ii. The first and foremost objective of the Policy is “IPR Awareness: Outreach and Promotion”, aimed at raising awareness on IPR for school children to nurture creativity and the ability to innovate from a very young age.
3. Himachal govt sanctions Rs 25 cr for renovating Bantony Castle
ii. The Bantony Castle, owned by a business family and housing the state police headquarters, was acquired by the government for over 27 crores two years ago.
ii. The cyclonic storm lay centred over the Gulf of Aden, about 390 km east-northeast of Yemen’s Aden city. Director General of IMD, Dr K. J. Ramesh advised fisherman not to venture into Gulf of Aden and adjoining areas.
ii. Union Environment Minister Harsh Vardhan also launched a related mobile app ‘GSDP-ENVIS’ to boost employability and entrepreneurship of the youth in the country. The app can be used for information and for applying to the courses.
India became a full member of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in June 2017 during the SCO Heads of State Summit in Astana, Kazakhstan.
7. Guatemala Becomes Second Country to Open Jerusalem Embassy
ii. Israeli troops opened fire on Palestinian protesters after President Trump’s pledge to move the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem was fulfilled, taking tensions between Israel and Palestine to boiling point.
- Israel Capital- Jerusalem, Currency- Israeli new shekel, Israeli Prime Minister- Benjamin Netanyahu.
- Guatemala Capital: Guatemala City, Currency: Guatemalan quetzal.
ii. The minister who is on a two-day official trip to North Korea held discussions with Kim Yong Dae, Vice President of the Presidium of the Supreme People’s Assembly.
- North Korea Capital- Pyongyang, Supreme leader- Kim Jong-un.
ii. DOSM status will allow the sale of securities to US investors through the trading venue of BSE without registration of such securities with US SEC. This will ease trades by US investors in India and also enhance the attractiveness of Indian Depository Receipts (IDRs) amongst US investors.
- BSE is Indian stock exchange located at Dalal Street, Mumbai.
- It was established in 1875, making it Asia’s first stock exchange.
- It was first Indian stock exchange to be recognized by Government under the Securities Contracts Regulation Act in 1957.
ii. Ms. Sharma will be responsible for overseeing and guiding USIBC’s growth strategy in India through its offices in New Delhi and Mumbai, as well as leading the charge on policy advocacy issues for USIBC’s diverse membership with a variety of stakeholders.
ii. The award traditionally celebrates women of the film industry all over the world and also salute the multi-cultural impact on the world of cinema.
ii. The Games will be held for the age group of 16 to 40 (men and women) in 10 disciplines viz. para athletics, badminton, chess, blind judo, para powerlifting, shooting para-sport, para-swimming, table tennis, wheelchair basketball, wheelchair fencing.
- Col. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore is the Minister of State (I/C) of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.