1. 15th Asia-Media Summit Begins in New Delhi
ii. The AMS 2018, an annual summit of the Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD) Kuala Lumpur, is a prestigious summit in the Asia Pacific Region and India is hosting the event for the first time.
2. Ravi Shankar Prasad Launches Website of Digital India Internship Scheme
ii. The internship is an opportunity for a student to secure first hand and practical work experience under the guidance of qualified and experienced Supervisor and Mentor.
3. 15th Finance Commission Constituted Advisory Council
ii. The role and functions of the council will be to advise the commission on any issue or subject related to the Terms of Reference (ToR) of the Commission.
- Mr Arun JAitley is the present Finance Minister of India.
4. TRAI Releases Draft of Telecom Interconnection Regulations
ii. The ‘draft Telecommunication Interconnection (Amendment) Regulations 2018‘ proposed that a service provider can ask another operator for additional ports, in case the projected utilisation of the capacity is likely to exceed 85% over 60 day period.
- Manoj Sinha is the Minister of State (I/C) of the Ministry of Communications.
- Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore is the Minister of State in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
5. Madhya Pradesh Launches India’s 1st ICCC For Its Smart Cities
ii. Bhopal, Indore, Ujjain, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Satna, and Sagar are the seven smart cities under SCM in Madhya Pradesh. It was launched in the first “Apex Conference for the CEOs” of smart cities.
6. Sushma Swaraj on 2-Day Visit to Maynmar
ii. During her visit, Swaraj will hold discussions with the Myanmar leadership on bilateral, regional and multilateral issues of mutual interest to both countries.
- Myanmar State Counsellor- Aung San Suu Kyi, Capital- Naypyidaw, President- Win Myint.
7. China Launched Gaofen-5 to Monitor Air Pollution
ii. It was the 274th flight mission by a Long March carrier rocket. Gaofen-5 is the first China-developed satellite that can monitor air pollution.
- China National Space Administration is the national space agency of China responsible for the national space program and for planning and development of space activities.
- Founded in- April 1993, Headquarters: Beijing, China.
8. Beijing To Hold World Robot Conference
ii. A robot competition will be held during the conference where participants will compete in five categories.
9. Leaders of China, Japan and South Korea Met in Tokyo
ii. Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang and South Korean President Moon Jae-in held talks in the first three-way summit in two-and-a-half years. The leaders also discussed cooperation on economic issues.
- Japan Capital- Tokyo, Currency- Japanese yen.
- China Capital- Beijing, Currency- Renminbi.
- South Korea Capital- Seoul, Currency- South Korean won.
ii. These ties are based on common values and a shared commitment to democracy, pluralism, and multi-culturalism of both the countries. 2 centres for Biodiversity and Innovation will be set up by India in Panama worth US $10 mn and US $15 mn each.
- Panama Capital- Panama City, Currencies- United States Dollar, Panamanian balboa.
- President of Panama- Juan Carlos Varela Rodrigues.
ii. The event was held in Delhi. Nisha was presented the ‘Excellent Woman of Excellence’ award for her spiritual service at the event.
Ranks and Reports
ii. India had topped the chart for four years. The top five nations in the report are Austria, Finland, Indonesia, the Netherlands and the US.
13. India Fastest Growing Economy at 7.4% in 2018: IMF
ii. As per the report, the consumer price increase in 2017 was 3.6% and projected it to be 5% in 2018 and 2019. After India, Bangladesh is projected to be the fastest-growing economy in South Asia with growth rates of 7% for 2018 and 2019.
- Managing Director of IMF- Christine Lagarde, Headquarters in- Washington DC, USA.
ii. With Android Things, each connected device that uses the platform will receive three years of OS updates directly from Google and all of these updates will be free.
- Google CEO- Sundar Pichai, Parent organization- Alphabet Inc., Headquarters- the USA.