1. India Signs USD200 million Loan Deal with World Bank for National Nutrition Mission
ii. A large component of POSHAN Abhiyaan involves gradual scaling-up of the interventions supported by the ongoing World Bank assisted Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) Systems Strengthening and Nutrition Improvement Project (ISSNIP) to all districts in the country over a 3-year period.
- The POSHAN (PM’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment) Abhiyaan was launched by the Prime Minister in March 2018 at Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan.
- President of the World Bank- Jim Yong Kim.
- Headquarters of World Bank: Washington, DC.
ii. The two-day conference is being organised for providing a platform for cross-learning and knowledge sharing among the Smart City CEOs.
ii. The NITI Aayog has been entrusted to set up a national programme to conduct research and development in frontier technologies such as AI.
- NITI- National Institution for Transforming India.
- NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman- Rajiv Kumar, CEO- Amitabh Kant.
- Google CEO- Sundar Pichai, Parent organization- Alphabet Inc., Headquarters- the USA.
ii. The summit mainly aims to provide a unique opportunity to the broadcasters in Asia to share their thoughts on broadcasting and information. The annual summit will be organised by Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD) in collaboration with its partners and international organisations.
ii. Once it successfully clears all tests, the desi atomic clock will be used in an experimental navigation satellite to test its accuracy and durability in space.
iii. At present, ISRO imports atomic clocks from European aerospace manufacturer Astrium (EAMA) for its navigation satellites.
- Dr. K Sivan is Chairman of ISRO.
- ISRO stands for Indian Space Research Organization.
- Headquarters of ISRO– Bengaluru.
ii. The Lowy Institute Asia Power Index measures power across 25 countries and territories in the Asia-Pacific region, reaching as far west as Pakistan, as far north as Russia, and as far into the Pacific as Australia, New Zealand and the US.
iii. India is ranked fourth on the parameters economic resources, military capability, diplomatic influence and fifth on resilience.
7. NSIC Inks MoU with MSME Ministry for FY 2018-19
ii. The MoU envisages provision of enhanced services by NSIC under its marketing, financial, technology and other support services schemes, for MSMEs in the country. The corporation projects to increase its total business by 21.30% from Rs. 22,258 crore in the year 2017-18 to Rs. 27,000 crore in the year 2018-19.
- Dr A.K. Panda is the Secretary of MSME.
- Ravindra Nath is the CMD of NSIC.
ii. The main aim of the course is to build and enhance the capacity of the African Troop Contributing Countries to the UN and to further train the trainers from these countries.
- The first and second editions of the course were held in New Delhi in 2016 and 2017 respectively.
9. Venkaiah Naidu 3-Nation Visit: India, Guatemala Sign Agreement in Education Sector
ii. The agreement was inked after a meeting between Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and his Guatemala counterpart, Jafeth Cabrera Franco in Guatemala city. The main focus of the meeting was on core sectors such as; pharmaceutical, cooperation in education, technology, conservation of wildlife, Yoga, Tourism and Automobiles.
- Guatemala Capital- Guatemala City, Currency- Guatemalan quetzal.
- Jimmy Morales is the present President of Guatemala.
ii. He had taken on high-profile roles as an advocate for women’s issues and an antagonist to the policies of President Donald Trump.
11. Israel Withdraws From Race for UN Security Council Seat
ii. Germany and Belgium are now running uncontested, but they still need to win more than two-thirds of the overall General Assembly vote to be elected.
- Presently, there are 193-member countries in the UN General Assembly.
- Israel Capital- Jerusalem, Currency- Israeli new shekel, President- Benjamin Netanyahu.
ii. Empowered by Ministry of Steel, Joint Plant Committee is the only institution which collects data on the Indian iron and steel industry.
- Chaudhary Birender Singh is the Cabinet Minister of Steel.