1. HRD Ministry Launches Initiatives for Online Professional Development Using SWAYAM
ii. In the first phase, 75 discipline-specific National Resource Centres (NRCs) have been identified. National Resource Centres (NRCs) are tasked to prepare online training material with the focus on new and emerging trends, pedagogical improvements and methodologies for transacting revised curriculum.
- Prakash Javadekar is the present Human Resource Development Minister of India.
ii. The mission is aimed at identifying the eligible and deserving beneficiaries in every corner of the state and delivering government services at their doorstep.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for NABARD Grade-A Exam 2018-
- Manipur CM- Nongthombam Biren Singh, Governor- Dr Najma A. Heptulla.
ii. The 2-day Conference was a lead-up event to the 3rd Annual Meeting of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) which is going to be hosted by the Government of India in June 2018 in Mumbai.
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank President- Liqun Jin.
- AIIB Headquarters in Beijing, China.
ii. The first phase of the project will focus on developing the model for 10 Aspirational Districts across the States of Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
- NITI- National Institution for Transforming India.
- NITI Aayog Chairman- Narendra Modi, Vice-Chairman- Rajiv Kumar, CEO- Amitabh Kant.
- Nitin Jairam Gadkari is the Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
- Survey of India is the oldest scientific department in the country set up in 1767.
6. 12th Informal Meeting of SAARC Finance Ministers Held in Manila
ii. The meeting was attended by the Finance Ministers/Heads of Delegations from the SAARC member states. Finance Minister of Nepal Yuba Raj Khatiwada chaired the meeting.
- SAARC stands for South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation.
- Its member states include Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, the Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- President of ADB- Takehiko Nakao, ADB Headquarters- Manila, Philippines, Opened on- 19th December 1966.
ii. This will be the Vice President’s first overseas visit after assuming office. He will be accompanied by a high-level delegation, including Minister of State for Tribal Affairs Jasvantsinh Sumanbahi Bhabhor.
- Guatemala Capital- Guatemala City, Currency- Guatemalan quetzal.
- Peru Capital- Lima, Currency- Sol.
- Panama Capital- Panama City, Currencies- United States Dollar, Panamanian balboa.
ii. The UK and India are next on the list, followed by France, Brazil and Italy respectively. Despite having a population of only 40 million compared with the UK’s 65 million people, California’s gross domestic product of $2.7tn has overtaken the UK’s $2.6tn.
ii. The decision has been taken in the wake of a sexual and financial scandal that has engulfed the Swedish Academy, the cultural institution responsible for awarding the prestigious prize. For the first time since 1949, the secretive jury will not unveil a winner this autumn.
- Kazuo Ishiguro was the winner of Nobel Prize 2017.