1. ‘Vibrant North East 2018’ Held in Guwahati
ii. The event is organised by Delhi-based NGO, Centre for Agriculture and Rural Development (CARD). The main purpose of the event is to disseminate information about the schemes, grants and projects of the Central Government to ensure that they are implemented as envisaged officially.
- Assam CM- Sarbanand Sonowal, Governor- Jagdish Mukhi.
ii. The organisation committed $1 million to TheTeacherApp to help them reach 5,00,000 teachers in two years, besides a $2-million grant and technical assistance from YouTube to the Central Square Foundation.
- Founded by Vinod Karate in 2016, TheTeacherApp is a non-profit Delhi-based organisation.
- Google CEO- Sundar Pichai, Parent organization- Alphabet Inc., Headquarters- the USA.
ii. Other targets in the MoU inter-alia include parameters related to human resources, project management, research & development, innovation and other efficiency and operational performance parameters.
- Raj Kumar Singh is the Minister of State (I/C) of the Ministry of Power.
ii. The United States (US) topped the index, followed by Canada at 2nd and Germany at the 3rd place. The index ranked India at the 11th spot, three places down from the previous year. In the year 2017, India was ranked 8th. It is the first time since 2015 that India has been pushed out of the top 10.
ii. The festival is being organised by the Maulana Azad Centre for Indian Culture, the cultural wing of the Indian Embassy in Cairo.
- Sanjay Bhattacharyya is India’s Ambassador to Egypt.
- Cairo is the capital of Egypt.
- Egyptian pound is the currency of Egypt.
ii. Neerav Tomar was bestowed with ‘WBC Asia honorary Promoter of the year 2017 Award’ by the Asian Boxing Council at WBC Asia and WBC Muaythai annual awards presentation ceremony in Bangkok, Thailand.
ii. The Egypt star – the first African winner of the award – also won the Professional Footballers’ Association player of the year award.
ii. Wimbledon officials warned players they face losing prize money if they withdraw after competing with an existing injury and are not perceived to have given maximum effort.
- The Championships, Wimbledon is an annual British tennis tournament created in 1877 and is played in London, UK.
- Roger Federer and Garbine Muguruza won the men’s and women’s titles in 2017.