1. Maharashtra Becomes 1st to Provide Digitally-Signed Documents
ii. The 7/12 receipt is the most important document which establishes the ownership of the land and is primarily used by farmers while applying for loans.
- C Vidyasagar Rao is the present Governor of Maharashtra.
- The Jayakwadi Dam built over Godavari River is located in Maharashtra.
ii. India spent $63.9 billion on its military in 2017, an increase of 5.5% compared with 2016. The other countries in top five include the US, China, Saudi Arabia, and Russia.
ii. In 2018, UNESCO will lead the 25th celebration of World Press Freedom Day. The main event, jointly organized by UNESCO and the Government of the Republic of Ghana, will take place in Accra, Ghana.
- France’s Audrey Azoulay- 11th DG of UNESCO, Headquarters- Paris, France.
ii. Cambridge Analytica, also said, its British parent firm SCL Elections Ltd is to shutting down immediately. The firm is currently facing allegations of improper use of data on 87 million Facebook users which was hired by President Donald Trump’s 2016 US election campaign.
- Cambridge Analytica is an analytics firm based in the United Kingdom.
- SCL Elections Ltd is the parent firm of Cambridge Analytica.
ii. The 47-year-old, who represented Australia in 105 Tests, will begin his four-year term ahead of limited-overs series against England in June.
6. ICICI Bank Names Radhakrishnan Nair as Independent Director
ii. The appointment is subject to the approval of shareholders. Mr Nair is also an independent director of three subsidiaries of the bank – ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company, ICICI Prudential Trust and ICICI Securities Primary Dealership.
- ICICI Bank stands for Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India.
- Chanda Kochhar is the MD and CEO of ICICI Bank.
- Headquarters of ICICI Bank: Mumbai.
ii. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved Khuntia’s appointment for a period of three years. The post was vacant for more than two months after TS Vijayan’s tenure came to an end.
- The head office of IRDAI is in Hyderabad.
- In 1999, IRDA was constituted as an autonomous body to regulate and develop the insurance industry.
ii. Among other things, the market regulator made it clear that non-resident Indians (NRIs), overseas citizens of India (OCI) and resident Indians cannot be beneficial owners of FPIs.
iii. NRIs and OCIs can only obtain an FPI licence on condition that they limit their roles to investment advisors and do not invest their money.
- SEBI- Securities and Exchange Board of India.
- SEBI Chairman- Ajay Tyagi, Headquarters- Mumbai.
ii. Founded in 2009, Hedera specialises in business advisory and data analytics services across sectors, helping clients in areas like growth strategy, innovation, marketing, sales and customer service.
ii. A trained artist, Guruji had been awarded Kala Ratna by the Andhra Pradesh State government in 2014. After bifurcation of the State, the Telangana government awarded him the Ugadi Puraskaram in 2015.