1. PM Modi China Visit: Important Highlights
ii. The Prime Minister was received at the airport by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj. Earlier, Prime Minister Modi wrapped up his two-day visit to China with both the countries underlining the importance of maintaining peace and tranquillity in all areas of their border region in the larger interest of the overall development of bilateral relations.
- China Capital- Beijing, Currency- Renminbi, President- Xi Jinping.
- Shriniwas Dadasaheb Patil is the present Governor of Sikkim.
- Khangchendzonga National Park is situated in Sikkim.
ii. The test firing of the missile from a Tejas jet was carried off the Goa coast and it met all operational requirements.
ii. The British Council, with this MoU, will expand its existing work in the state, where in recent times, it has trained more than 100,000 teachers benefitting around five million learners.
- Maharashtra CM- Devendra Fadnavis, Governor- CV Rao.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank headquarters in Mumbai.
ii. Gupta will be the new deputy chief minister in place of Nirmal Singh.
- Jammu and Kashmir CM- Mehbooba Mufti Sayeed, Governor- N. N. Vohra.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma is the Paytm founder.
ii. HDFC Bank has developed IRA (Interactive Robotic Assistant) 2.0 in collaboration with its technology partners Invento Makerspaces and Senseforth Technologies.
- HDFC Bank- India’s largest private bank by market capitalization
- HDFC Bank Chairman- Aditya Puri, Headquarters- Mumbai.
- Reserve Bank of India labelled HDFC Bank as ‘domestic systematically important bank’ – in other words, ‘too big to fail’.
- It became the first bank in India to introduce a humanoid IRA 1.0 for customer service at the Kamala Mills Branch in Mumbai.
Ranks and Reports
ii. The Reserve Bank expects India’s economic growth rate to strengthen to 7.4% in the current fiscal, from 6.6% in 2017-18, on account of revival in investment activity.
- Deutsche Bank established its first branch in India in 1980.
- Deutsche Bank Headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Christian Sewing is the Chief Executive officer of Deutsche Bank.
ii. Manisha Koirala won the ‘Most Versatile Actress’ award. Veteran actor-director Rakesh Roshan was given the lifetime achievement award for his contribution to the industry as an actor, producer and a director.
|1.||Best Actor||Akshay Kumar, for Padman (Jury) and for Toilet: Ek Prem Katha|
|2.||Best Actress in a Leading Role||Sonam Kapoor, for Padman|
|3.||Best Actress||Bhumi Pednekar, for Toilet: Ek Prem Katha|
|4.||Lifetime Achievement Award||Rakesh Roshan|
|5.||Saraswatibai Dadasaheb Phalke Best Actress (Lifetime) award||Farida Jalal|
|6.||‘Most Versatile Actress’ Award||Manisha Koirala|
|7.||Best Actor in a Character Role||Rajesh Sharma|
|8.||Best Playback Singer (Female)||Neeti Mohan|
|9.||Best TV Anchor||Aditya Narayan Jha|
|10.||Best Entertainer (TV)||Manish Paul|
|11.||Best Playback Singer (jury)||Bhumi Trivedi|
|12.||Best Stage Anchor||Siddharth Kannan|
|13.||Best Producer (Short Films)||Sandip Marwah|
|14.||Most Entertaining Film (Sonu ki Titu ki Sweety)||Luv Ranjan|
ii. Sitanshu Yashaschandra was born in 1941 in Gujarat’s Bhuj district. He is also a recipient of the Padma Shri and Sahitya Akademi Award.
ii. He was the first Greek to make it to an ATP final since Nicholas Kalogeropoulos in 1973.
14. Barcelona Clinches its 25th La Liga Title
ii. Barcelona also extended their league record unbeaten streak to 34 matches. Barcelona has 86 points after 34 matches and are 15 points ahead of third-placed Real Madrid.
ii. Indian woman boxer Nikhat Zareen won the Gold medal in 51 kg by defeating Greece’s Koutsoeorgopoulou Aikaterini in the final bout. Himanshu Sharma (49 kg) too won Gold medal by defeating Algeria’s Mohammed Touareg in the final bout.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for NABARD Grade-A Exam 2018-
- Serbia Capital- Belgrade, Currency- Serbian dinar.