1. DAC Approves Capital Acquisition Proposals of Over Rs3,687 crore
ii. In a boost to indigenisation and in the realisation of India’s growing technological prowess, the DAC approved procurement of DRDO’s designed and developed NAG Missile System at the cost of 524 crore rupees. The DAC also approved procurement of thirteen 127 mm calibre guns for the Navy.
- Admiral Sunil Lanba is the present chief of Naval Staff of Indian Navy.
- General Bipin Rawat is the present chief of Army Staff of Indian Army.
- Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa is the present chief of Air staff of Indian Airforce.
ii. The festival was also supported by NEC and aims to promote afforestation and sustainable tourism efforts in the state.
- Manipur CM- Nongthombam Biren Singh, Governor- Dr. Najma A. Heptulla.
ii. The Agreement has been signed with Macquarie for the first bundle\of highway projects (USD 1.5 billion one of the highest FDI in highways).
- Nitin Jairam Gadkari is the Minister of Road Transport and Highways.
ii. Becoming the first corporate to be part of the initiative, Dalmia Bharat will look after the operations and the maintenance of these heritage sites for the next five years.
- Puneet Dalmia is the Managing Director of Dalmia Bharat Group.
- K J Alphons is the Minister of State for Tourism (I/C).
5. North, South Korea Commit to Denuclearization in Historic Summit
ii. Until her appointment, Burgener was the Ambassador of Switzerland to Germany since 2015. Peru, Kuwait and the United Kingdom will co-lead the visit to Bangladesh and Myanmar.
- Myanmar State Counsellor- Aung San Suu Kyi, Capital- Naypyidaw, President- Win Myint.
ii. While Interglobe Chairman Rahul Bhatia has been appointed as the interim CEO of the company, Greg Taylor will be appointed as president and CEO of the company.
ii. Under the campaign, about 80 lakh children aged between nine months and 15 would be vaccinated. The chief minister also flagged off 11 medical mobile units for the campaign.