1. HRD Ministry Launches 2nd Edition of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan
ii. The minister advised the students to involve local village people at every stage of problem identification and solving issues relating to health, cleanliness, waste management, plantation, financial inclusion, women and child development.
- Prakash Javadekar is the Present HRD Minister of India.
ii. The exercise is aimed at bolstering cooperation & coordination between armed forces of both the nations and to share the expertise of both the contingents in the conduct of counter insurgency operations in jungle terrain.
- Malaysian Capital- Kuala Lumpur, Currency- Malaysian ringgit.
ii. Along with Coastal Police and Marine Enforcement wing, Indian Coast Guard and Indian Navy is also participating in Exercise ‘Sagar Kavach’.
- Admiral Sunil Lanba is the present chief of Navy Staff.
ii. The new system will jointly develop with expertise from Finnish Meteorological Institute and US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
- Dr Harsh Vardhan is the present Minister of Earth Sciences.
5. 48th Foundation Day of HUDCO Celebrated
ii. HUDCO is playing an important role in taking financial inclusion forward in the country, as it is taking care of the housing finance needs of the economically deprived sections.
- HUDCO was founded on 25th April 1970.
- Manoj Sinha is the Minister of State (I/C) of the Ministry of Communications.
7. PM Modi Embarks On 3-Day Visit to China
ii. It is expected that the meeting between Mr Modi and Mr Xi will be a milestone in India-China relations. This will be Mr Modi’s fourth visit to China after he came to power in 2014.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for NABARD Grade-A Exam 2018-
- China Capital- Beijing, Currency- Renminbi, President- Xi Jinping.
- Paraguay Capital- Asuncion, Currency- Guarani.
Ranks and Reports
ii. The Top 3 countries in World Press Freedom Index Report are:
ii. Sector-wise, Tata Consultancy Services is most favoured in IT, while Larsen & Toubro tops Infrastructure & Construction and Hindustan Unilever emerges the winner in FMCG.
- NSE began operations in 1994 and is ranked as the largest stock exchange in India in terms of total and average daily turnover for equity shares every year since 1995, based on annual reports of SEBI.
- Mr. Ashok Chawla is the Chairman of the Board of Directors of NSE and Mr. Vikram Limaye is the Managing Director and CEO of NSE.
- NABARD came into existence on 12 July 1982.
- Chairman of NABARD- Harsh Kumar Bhanwala, Headquarters in- Mumbai.