1. Important Cabinet Approvals- 25th April 2018
ii. The Cabinet has approved-
1. MoU between India and Sao Tome and Principe for Cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy.
2. The Memorandum of Agreement between India and World Health Organisation represented by its Regional Office for South-East Asia acting through its Country Office in India.
3. MoU on cooperation in the field of regulation of medical products for human use amongst the medicine regulatory agencies of the BRICS countries.
4. Long-Term Agreements for the supply of iron ore (lumps and fines) to Japan and South Korea through MMTC Limited.
5. Declaration of Scheduled Areas in respect of Rajasthan under Fifth Schedule to the Constitution of India.
6. Restructured National Bamboo Mission- An outlay of Rs.1290 crore (with Rs. 950 crore as Central share) is provisioned for implementation of the Mission during the remaining period of 14th Finance Commission (2018-19 and 2019-20).
7. Minimum Support Prices for Raw Jute for 2018-19 season- The Minimum Support Price (MSP) for Fair Average Quality (FAQ) of Raw Jute has been increased to Rs.3700/- per quintal for 2018-19 season from Rs. 3500/- per quintal in the 2017-18 season.
ii. The Objectives of the project is to nurture indigenous innovation, foster local product development and accelerate commercialization process by bridging critical skill and infrastructure gaps to promote affordable and innovative healthcare products generation for inclusive development and increasing competitiveness in India.
- President of the World Bank- Jim Yong Kim.
- Headquarters of World Bank: Washington, DC.
- IBRD stands for International Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
ii. The application has been developed by NIC. A total number of 61,317 residential accommodations of various types are available in Delhi which are allotted to the eligible Central Government employees through Automated System of Allotment (ASA), by using login Id and password.
5. Foreigners Can Now Travel to Nagaland, Mizoram, Manipur Without Permit
ii. Under the Foreigners (Protected Areas) Order, 1958, all areas falling between the Inner line and the International Border of some states were declared as protected areas.
- Manipur CM- Nongthombam Biren Singh, Governor- Dr. Najma A. Heptulla.
- Mizoram CM- Lal Thanhawla, Governor- Lt. General (Retd.) Nirbhay Sharma.
- Nagaland CM- Neiphiu Rio, Governor- Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya.
6. World Malaria Day: 25 April
ii. The theme emphasises the collective energy and commitment of the global malaria community that is uniting all around the world to curb the disease and working towards the common goal to making the world malaria free.
- Malaria is caused by the Plasmodium parasites, which is spread to people through the bite of an infected female Anopheles mosquito, also known as malaria vectors.
- Mongolia Capital- Ulaanbaatar, Currency- Mongolian togrog, Prime Minister- Ukhnaagiin Khurelsukh.