1. List of MOUs and Agreements Signed on Visit of PM Modi to Stockholm
- Joint Declaration on India-Sweden Innovation Partnership for a Sustainable Future between Ministry of Science and Technology of India and the Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation.
- MOU on Cooperation in the field of Sustainable and Smart Urban Development between the Ministry for Housing and Urban Affairs of India and the Ministry of Industry, Business and Financial Affairs of Denmark.
- MOU on Cooperation in the fields of Animal Husbandry and Dairying between Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare of India and the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration, Ministry of Environment and Food of Denmark.
- MOU on Food Safety Cooperation between the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India and the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration.
- MOU on Cooperation in Agricultural Research and Education between the Indian Council of Agricultural Research and the University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Science, Denmark.
- MOU on the Establishment of the ICCR Chair for Hindi Language between Indian Council for Cultural Relations and the University of Iceland.
- Sweden Capital- Stockholm, Currency- Swedish krona.
- Denmark Capital- Copenhagen, Currency- Danish krone.
- Iceland Capital- Reykjavik, Currency- Icelandic króna.
- Federation of Indian Export Organisations was set up in 1965.
- It was set up by Union Ministry of Commerce.
- Department of Posts has launched DARPAN Project.
- It aims at connecting all 1.29 lakh Rural Branch Post Offices in the country to enable them to do online Postal and Financial Transactions.
ii. The bridge has helped establish direct road connectivity between Sambalpur and Brajarajnagar and the distance has now been reduced by 50 km.
- Odisha CM- Naveen Patnaik, Governor- Satya Pal Malik (In-charge).
- Hirakud Dam built on Mahanadi River is situated in Odisha.
ii. This agreement aims to promote a sustainable framework for present and future partnerships and cooperative actions between the French aerospace industry and the Indian defence industry by reaffirming the necessity to expand trade, through stronger economic and industrial cooperation, between France and India, and towards export customers.
- France Capital- Paris, Currency- Euro, President- Emmanuel Macron.
ii. Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) was the industry partner for the event. The title of the Conference is ‘Securing Global Supply Chains through Government-Industry Partnerships towards Effective Implementation of UNSC Resolution 1540’.
- Dilip Chenoy is the Director General of FICCI.
- Sanjaya Baru is the Secretary General of FICCI.
- FICCI was established in 1927.
7. Bisket Jatra Being Celebrated in Nepal
- Nepal Capital- Kathmandu, Currency- Nepalese rupee, President- Bidhya Devi Bhandari, Prime Minister- Khadga Prasad Oli.
8. FAO Designates 14 New Sites As GIAHS
ii. As with other designated sites, these systems highlight agricultural traditions that promote sustainability, safeguard biodiversity and protect the environment while supporting the social and economic development necessary for stable, decent livelihoods.
iii. The 14 new sites are:
- Siwa Oasis, Egypt 2016.
- Chinampa Agriculture in the World Natural and Cultural Heritage Zone in Xochimilco, Tláhuac and Milpa Alta, Mexico 2017.
- Zhagana Agriculture -Forest-Animal Husbandry Composite System, China 2017.
- Huzhou Mulberry-dyke & Fish Pond System, China 2017.
- Osaki Kodo’s Traditional Water Management System for Sustainable Paddy Agriculture, Japan 2017.
- Nishi-Awa Steep Slope Land Agriculture System, Japan 2018.
- Traditional Hadong Tea Agrosystem in Hwagae-myeon, Republic of Korea 2017.
- The Agricultural System of Valle Salado de Añana, Spain 2017.
- Malaga Raisin Production System in La Axarquía, Spain 2017.
- The Cascaded Tank-Village System, Sri Lanka 2017.
- Rice Terraces in Southern Mountainous and Hilly Areas, China 2018.
- Xiajin Yellow River Old Course Ancient Mulberry Grove System, China 2018.
- Traditional Wasabi Cultivation in Shizuoka, Japan 2018.
- Barroso Agro-sylvo-pastoral System, Portugal 2018.
12. India to Grow at 7.4% in 2018: IMF
- Managing Director of IMF- Christine Lagarde, Headquarters in- Washington DC, USA.
9. India Wins Election to Crucial NGO Committee in UN
ii. India got the highest number of votes at 46, followed by Pakistan 43, Bahrain 40 and China 39. The Committee on Non-Governmental Organizations is a standing committee of Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
Static/Current Takeaways Important for NABARD Grade-A Exam 2018-
- The United Nations is an international organization founded in 24th of October 1945.
- It is currently made up of 193 Member States.
- The Headquarters of UN: New York, USA.
- Antonio Guterres is the Secretary-General of United Nations.
ii. The theme emphasizes on inter-generational transfer of knowledge. In India, World heritage day will be celebrated at National Rail Museum, New Delhi.
- UNESCO- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
- France’s Audrey Azoulay- 11th DG of UNESCO, Headquarters- Paris, France.