1. Important Cabinet Approvals- 28th February 2018
ii. The Cabinet has approved-
1. An apprised of an MoU between India and Fiji on Cooperation in Renewable Energy.
2. MoU between India and Macedonia on cooperation in the field of Health.
3. Signing of MoU between India and Jordan on Cooperation in Health Sector.
4. Signing of MoU between India and Jordan on Cooperation in the Field of Manpower.
5. Agreement between India and Jordan on Cooperation and Mutual Administrative Assistance in Customs Matters.
6. Amendments to Housing and Telephone Facilities Rules, Constituency Allowance Rules and Office Expense Allowance Rules for MPs.
7. The Trafficking of Persons (Prevention, Protection and Rehabilitation) Bill, 2018.
8. MoU between India and Jordan for mining and beneficiation of Rock Phosphate & MOP and setting up the production facility in Jordan for Phosphoric Acid/DAP/NPKFertilizers.
9. MoU between India and Vietnam on Economic and Trade Cooperation.
10. Doubling of Government guarantee from Rs 9,500 crore to Rs.19,000 crore for procurements of pulses and oilseeds at MSP under Price Support Scheme by NAFED.
11. Continuation of Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) beyond 12th Plan for three years from 2017-18 to 2019-20.
- Yogesh Chander Modi is the Director General of NIA.
ii. This is the 10th Mega Food Park being operationalized in the country and the 8th operationalized during the tenure of the present government. Satara Mega Food Park has been set up in 64 acres of land at a cost of Rs. 139.30 crore.
- Maharashtra CM- Devendra Fadnavis, Governor- CV Rao.
ii. The function was focused on the promotion of geotextiles in the northeast region. Geotextiles are absorbent fabrics which, when used in association with soil, have the ability to separate, filter, reinforce, protect or drain.
ii. The economy is expected to grow at 6.6% in the current fiscal ending March 31, as per the second advanced estimates of the Central Statistics Office (CSO).
- Arun Jaitley is the Present Finance Minister of India.
ii. In 2017, India saw a total of $65 billion move into the country and IndusInd Bank which has significant interests in cross-border remittances, plans to harness the power of Blockchain technology for facilitating global payments.
- IndusInd Bank commenced operations in 1994
- IndusInd Bank Chairman- R. Seshasayee, Headquarter- Mumbai, Owner- Hinduja Group.
8. Tokyo Unveils Mascots for 2020 Olympics and Paralympics
i. Tokyo unveiled its long-awaited mascot for the 2020 Olympic Games: a futuristic blue-checked, doe-eyed character with pointy ears and “special powers” that was picked by schoolchildren across mascot-mad Japan.
ii. One has an athletic figure and a strong sense of justice. The other is a cherry blossom-inspired superhero.