- DRDO Chairman- S Christopher, Headquarters- New Delhi.
2. India to Host 1st International Solar Alliance in March 2018
ii. The summit will be held in Delhi. The ISA aims to launch 121 projects during the summit. During the summit, two new programmes will be inaugurated on- Scaling Solar E-Mobility and Storage, and Rooftop Solar.
3. 44th Khajuraho Dance Festival Held in Madhya Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh CM- Shivraj Singh Chauhan.
- Panna Tiger Reserve is situated in Madhya Pradesh.
4. Assam to Observe ‘Rhino Day’ on September 22
ii. A State Rhino Project in line with National Rhino Project will be launched in Assam soon for protecting the pachyderms from threats of poaching.
- Assam CM- Sarbanand Sonowal, Governor- Jagdish Mukhi.
- Manas National Park or Manas Wildlife Sanctuary (UNESCO Natural World Heritage site) is situated in Assam.
ii. During the test trial, the speed of more than 3Gbps was achieved. This is the highest measured throughput for a mobile network in 3.5 GHz band with 100MHz bandwidth and end-to-end network latency of approximately 1 msec.
- The other payments banks that have started operations include Airtel Payments Bank Ltd, India Post Payments Bank Ltd, Paytm Payments Bank Ltd and Fino Payments Bank Ltd.
- The other applicants that are yet to set up payments bank include Vodafone m-Pesa Ltd, Reliance Industries Ltd and National Securities Depository Ltd.
ii. The scheme will provide a cost-free and expeditious complaint redressal mechanism relating to deficiency in the services by NBFCs covered under the scheme.
iii. The offices of the NBFC ombudsmen will function at four metro centres – New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai.
- Dr Urjit Patel is the 24th Governor of RBI.
- RBI Headquarters in Mumbai.