- Bihar CM- Nitish Kumar, Governor- Satya Pal Malik.
- Valmiki National Park is located in Bihar.
2. World Congress on Information Technology Begins in Hyderabad
ii.The World Information Technology and Services Alliance (WITSA) is organising Congress while the National Alliance of Software and Services Companies (NASSC) and the Telangana state Government are jointly hosting the event.
- Telangana CM– K Chandrasekhar Rao, Governor– ESL Narasimhan (Add. Charge).
3. 8th Edition of Theatre Olympics Inaugurated in Delhi
ii. The theme of the festival is – “Flag of Friendship”. 30 countries are participating from across the globe.
4. India-Iran sign 9 MoUs to boost bilateral ties
ii. The two countries inked pacts to enhance cooperation in the areas of taxation, maritime cooperation, health and medicine, trade, agriculture and postal cooperation.
- The Iranian Rial is the currency of Iran.
- Tehran is the capital of Iran.
ii. Chandraayan-2 is a challenging mission as for the first time we will carry an orbiter, a lander and a rover to the moon. Chairman of ISRO K Sivan stated that the total cost of the Chandrayaan 2 mission will be about Rs 8 billion. The window for launch is open till October 2018.
- ISRO was established in 1969.
- Founder and 1st Chairman of ISRO- Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai, Headquarters in- Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Radha Mohan Singh is the present Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- Assam CM- Sarbanand Sonowal, Governor- Jagdish Mukhi.
- The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare of India is Jagat Prakash Nadda.
- Maharashtra has already become the first state to unveil a FinTech Policy.
- Maharashtra Governor- CV Rao.
- Saudi Arabia Capital- Riyadh, Currency- Saudi Riyal.
10. Health Minister Addresses Global Digital Health Partnership Summit in Australia
- Australia Capital- Canberra, Currency- Australian dollar.
ii. UP Finance Minister Rajesh Aggarwal presented a mega budget of over Rs 4.28 lakh crore with a focus on farmers, artisans, youth, infrastructure and urban development.
12. NABARD Launches Rs 1,918 crore Area Development Plan for Punjab
- NABARD came into existence on 12 July 1982.
- Chairman of NABARD- Harsh Kumar Bhanwala, Headquarters in- Mumbai.
ii. As part of this partnership, customers can pay using UPI, credit and debit cards, PhonePe wallet and other external wallets like Jio Money & Freecharge for their fuel purchases, through the PoS device at 30 IOCL retail outlets in Bengaluru.
- Sanjiv Singh is the present Chairman of IOCL.
ii. IFC is in negotiations with two other housing finance firms to invest another $150 million, as well as with property developers to assist the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) from both the demand and supply sides, the person said, requesting anonymity.
- International Finance Corporation (IFC) is an international financial institution that offers investment, advisory, and asset management services to encourage private-sector development in developing countries.
- The IFC is a member of the World Bank Group and is headquartered in Washington, D.C.
17. Milkbasket Recognised as ‘Startup of the Year’ 2017
- Co-founder and CEO of Milkbasket is Anant Goel.
ii. The awardees were selected by a nine-member jury led by Sun Pharmaceuticals’ managing director Dilip Shanghvi.
ii. The 36-year-old, the oldest No.1 in history, defeated Grigor Dimitrov (Bulgaria) in the final.
- Netherlands Capital- Amsterdam, President- Mark Rutte.
ii. She became just the fourth female Australian to pass 5,000 runs when she batted in the Test, Twenty20 and One-Day arenas, compiling 5,250 runs.