ii. With a single act, relevant provisions of the Government Savings Certificates (NSC) Act, 1959 and the Public Provident Fund Act, 1968 would stand subsumed in the new amended Act without compromising on any of the functional provision of the existing Act.
2. Radio Umang: India’s 1st Online Radio Station Launched
ii. With 24 hours programming, it has found listeners in Hindi speaking regions of India and in over 60 countries worldwide.
3. India-Russia Agriculture Business Summit Held in New Delhi
- Radha Mohan Singh is the Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
4. DAC Approves Proposals Worth Rs. 15,935 crore
ii. The long-pending proposals were cleared at a meeting of the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), the defence ministry’s highest decision-making body on procurement. The meeting was chaired by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
iii. For the Indian Navy, the DAC also approved the procurement of Advanced Torpedo Decoy Systems (ATDS) at a cost of Rs. 850 crore.
- Baldev Singh was the first defence minister of Independent India.
i. Claiming that the Bengal government had already enrolled 50 lakh people under its own Swasthya Sathi programme, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has announced the decision to opt out of Centre’s ‘Modicare’ scheme.
ii. This makes West Bengal the first state to withdraw from the ambitious programme. Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had announced the NHPS on February 1, making it the biggest global plan to provide quality health cover to a population larger than the combined citizenry of the US, UK, Germany and France.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for Canara Bank PO 2018 Exam-
- NHPS stands for National Health Protection Scheme.
ii. The apex bank has also warned banks of monetary penalties and higher provisions if they are found to have violated the stringent new norms.
7. Bank of Baroda to Exit South Africa by March-End
- Bank of Baroda Chairman- Ravi Venkatesan, Managing Director & CEO- P.S.Jayakumar.
- Of the total 5,558 branches, the Baroda (Gujarat) headquartered bank has 107 overseas branches.
- Dr Urjit Patel is the 24th Governor of RBI.
- RBI Headquarters in Mumbai.
- Sahitya Akademi was founded in 1954.