- The year 2018 is the 60th anniversary of the National Productivity Council (NPC).
- Chairman of NPC- Ramesh Abhishek, Headquarters- New Delhi, Established in- 1958.
2. R.K. Singh Inaugurates International Conference ‘Indian Power Stations 2018’ in New Delhi
ii. The Minister exhorted the NTPC to become India’s power sector multinational by setting up power plants in other Nations and become world’s largest power producer.
3. 12th International Conference on CSR Held in Bengaluru
ii. In the conference, the Prestigious Golden Peacock Award 2017 were presented. The leadership award for philanthropy and social change was presented to Mr. Vineet Nayar, Founder Chairman, Sampark Foundation.
4. 8.4% Growth in Foreign Tourist Arrivals in One Year
ii. The growth rate in FTAs in January 2018 over January 2017 was 8.4%. During the month of January 2018, a total of 2.40 lakh foreign tourists arrived on e-Tourist Visa as compared to 1.52 lakh during the month of January 2017 registering a growth of 58.5%.
1. UK (18.6%),
2. USA (10.6%),
3. Russian Fed (6.5%).
The percentage share of top 3 ports in foreign tourist arrivals on e-Tourist Visa-
1. New Delhi Airport (37.3%),
2. Mumbai Airport (19.6%),
3. Dabolim (Goa) Airport (12.4%)
- Minister of State of Tourism (I/C) is Shri. K.J. Alphons.
ii. The theme for WRD 2018 is “Radio and Sports”. The Day is organised globally by the UNESCO.
- UNESCO- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
- France’s Audrey Azoulay- 11th DG of UNESCO, Headquarters- Paris, France.
ii. They can be coupled together in as little 15 seconds or detached depending on the riders’ destination in five seconds.
- All India Chess Federation for the Blind (AICFB) was established in 1997.
- AICFB had the honour of organizing the first ever Asian Chess Championship in India in December 2003.