ii. This is the first ever visit by an Indian Prime Minister to Palestine, and Prime Minister Modi’s second visit to UAE and first to Oman.
- Palestine Capital- East Jerusalem, Currency- Israeli new shekel (one of its 3).
- The United Arab Emirates Capital- Abu Dhabi, Currency- United Arab Emirates dirham.
- Oman Capital- Muscat, Currency- Omani rial.
4. NHAI to Start ‘pay as you use’ Pilot Project on Delhi-Mumbai National Highways
ii. The project to be run for one year involves implementing a satellite-based electronic toll collection system running on GPS/GSM technology for around 500 commercial vehicles on the Delhi-Mumbai National Highway.
- Nitin Jairam Gadkari is the present Minister for Road Transport & Highways.
- Piyush Goyal is the present Railways Minister of India.
- John Mathai was the first railway Minister of Independent India.
ii. The penalty is being imposed on Google for infringing anti-trust conduct. It was alleged that Google is indulging in abuse of dominant position in the market for online search through practices leading to search bias and search manipulation, among others.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for Syndicate Bank PO 2018 Exam-
- CCI Chairperson- Devender Kumar Sikri, Head Office- New Delhi.
ii. The objective for associating to a sonic identity is building the Bank’s brand imagery with the strategic use of music and sound for brand experiences and audience connection.
- IndusInd Bank commenced operations in 1994
- IndusInd Bank Chairman- R. Seshasayee, Headquarter- Mumbai, Owner- Hinduja Group.
- ICC Chairman- Shashank Manohar, Headquarters- Dubai, The UAE.
- HDFC Bank is India’s largest credit card issuer.
- Anu Kumar of Uttarakhand grabbed the first gold medal of the Khelo India School Games in 1500 metres Race.
- Malivika Bansood won the last gold medal for the state in the girl’s badminton singles final.