ii. The Cabinet has approved-
1. Signing of India-Australia MoU for Secondment Programme.
2. Signing and ratification of protocol amending the Agreement between India and China for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion.
3. Signing of a MoU with United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland on Cooperation in the Field of Skill Development, Vocational Education and Training.
4. Signing of a Memorandum of Cooperation between India and USA on Law Enforcement Training.
5. Discovered Small Fields (DSF) Policy Bid Round-11 for 60 un-monetised discoveries of ONGC and OIL under Nomination and Relinquished Discoveries under PSC Regime.
6. Ratification of the Minamata Convention on Mercury.
7. Placing the new Instrument adopted by International Labour Organization (ILO) Recommendation concerning “The Employment and Decent Work for Peace and Resilience” before the Parliament.
8. Implementation of ‘Prime Minister Research Fellows (PMRF)’.
9. Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Bill, 2017 to replace the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Ordinance, 2017.
10. Proposal for Amendment to the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006 to change the criteria of classification and to withdraw the MSMED (Amendment) Bill, 2015 – pending in Lok Sabha.
11. Cabinet apprised of an MoU signed between India and Tunisia for cooperation on Youth matters.
12. Changes in the Major Port Authorities Bill 2016.
13. Rationalization of Autonomous Bodies under Department of Health & Family Welfare.
ii. It was held under auspices of South Asia Region Public Procurement Network (SARPPN), which is sponsored and facilitated by the World Bank, Asian Development Bank and Islamic Development Bank. The theme this edition of the conference was “Public Procurement and Service Delivery”.
- The First edition of South Asia Region Public Procurement Conference was held in Kathmandu in 2010, second in Islamabad (2014), third in Dhaka (2015) and fourth in Sri Lanka (2017).
- Arunachal Pradesh CM- Prema Khandu, Governor- Brigadier (Rtrd) B D Mishra.
ii. The RTOS is the system software which provides a standard run-time environment for real-time applications execution in a safe and reliable manner.
- HAL Chairman- T. Suvarna Raju, Headquarters- Bengaluru.
- Dubai is a city and emirate in the United Arab Emirates.
- UAE Capital- Abu Dhabi, Currency- UAE Dirham.
ii. Bermuda’s governor John Rankin approved a bill reversing the right of gay couples to marry, despite a supreme court ruling last year authorising same-sex marriage.
- Bermuda Capital- Hamilton, Currency- Bermudian dollar.
ii. He is followed by Ethereum Co-founder Joseph Lubin ($1-5 billion) and Founder of cryptocurrency exchange Binance Changpeng Zhao ($1.1-2 billion).
- Forbes- American Business Magazine, Founded in- 1917.
- Headquarters- New York City, USA.
- Dr Urjit Patel is the 24th Governor of RBI.
- RBI Headquarters in Mumbai.
ii. RBI will start with deposit-taking NBFCs and widen the scope to cover NBFCs with asset size of Rs 100 crore. There are around 20 banking ombudsmen have been appointed with offices mostly in state capitals.