ii. The Tuirial project was announced and cleared in 1998 by the then Atal Bihari Vajpayee government. It was the first major central project to be successfully commissioned in Mizoram. Prime Minister also inaugurated the Shillong – Nongstoin Rongjeng Tura road.
- Mizoram CM- Lal Thanhawla, Governor- Lt. General (Retd.) Nirbhay Sharma
ii. As per the President, the Nyaya Gram project would prove to be a milestone in fulfilling the requirements of the Allahabad High Court.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for RBI Assistant Mains 2017 Exam-
- In the year 1866, the High Court for the North-Western Provinces came into existence at Agra.
- The first Chief Justice of High Court of North-Western Provinces- Sir Walter Morgan.
- The seat of the High Court for the North-Western Provinces was shifted from Agra to Allahabad in 1869 and its designation was altered to ‘the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad’.
ii. The Cabinet has approved-
- Non-Lapsable Central Pool of Resources (NLCPR) scheme for North East till March 2020.
- Centrally Sponsored Scheme of National Ayush Mission (NAM) from 01.04.2017 to 31.03.2020.
2. Special package for employment generation in leather and footwear sector- The package involves the implementation of Central Sector Scheme “Indian Footwear, Leather & Accessories Development Programme” with an approved expenditure of Rs. 2600 Crore over the three financial years from 2017-18 to 2019-20.
3. Agreement with UNESCO on the establishment of International Training Centre for Operational Oceanography in Hyderabad.
4. Signing of MoU between India and Colombia in the field of agriculture and fisheries.
5. Subsidizing MDR charges on debit card/BHIM UPI/AePS transactions of value less than Rs.2000
ii. Telangana Government has put in place elaborate arrangements for the 5-day event for which about eight thousand Telugu speaking delegates from 40 countries all over the globe will be taking part. Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu had formally inaugurated the Conference.
- Telangana CM- K Chandrasekhar Rao, Governor- E.S Lakshmi Narasimhan (Add. Charge).
ii. In 2014, the share of national income captured by India’s top 1% of earners was 22%, while the share of top 10% of earners was around 56%.
- Chief of Army Staff- General Bipin Rawat.
ii. The scheme will enable journalists to buy cameras, laptops, tablets, and books. The minimum loan amount for the purpose has been fixed at Rs 50,000 while as the maximum cap is Rs 3 lakh.
- Headquarters- Srinagar, Incorporated in- 1938.
ii. An amalgamation of “youth” and “earthquake”, the noun is defined as “a significant cultural, political, or social change arising from the actions or influence of young people.”
- 2016’s word of the year was reflecting the crisis of facts and trust in the wake of the US presidential election.
ii. She assumes office at a historic moment as the institute enters its centenary year.
- National Institute of Nutrition (NIN) was founded by Sir Robert McCarrison in the year 1918 as ‘Beri-Beri’ Enquiry Unit in Tamil Nadu.
- It was shifted to Hyderabad in 1958.
ii. The emblem launching ceremony was held at the National Aquatic Center, which staged the swimming events during the Beijing 2008 Games. In 2022, this venue will be transformed into an ice rink for curling games.
- The XXIII Olympic Winter Games will be held in February 2018 in PyeongChang, the Republic of Korea.