Today’s article, ‘Coin of vantage’ has been picked from ‘The Indian Express’
This article talks about the world’s leading cryptocurrency Bitcoin and says that Bitcoin is moving away from the libertarian agenda of its unknown creator, turning into a speculator’s dream.
Challenging Words in the Article –
1) Pseudonymous(Adjective) – (छद्मनामी) – soo-don-uh-mus
Meaning – having or using a false or assumed name, writing or written under a false name.
Synonyms – Fake, false, fictitious
Antonyms – Real, actual, original
Example – The famous cricketer likes to be pseudonymous in public places to avoid his fans.
2) Vantage (Adjective) – ( सहूलियत) – want-age
Meaning – place or situation affording some advantage (especially a comprehensive view or commanding perspective)
Synonyms – point of view, standpoint, stand, assistance
Antonyms – disadvantage, disfavor, harm, hindrance
Example – From the vantage point of her ten years ‘seniority in this sector , she gave some very useful tips to her junior.
3) Unanticipated (Adjective) ( अप्रत्याशित) – un-an-tic-i-pat-ed
Meaning – not expected or predicted.
Synonyms – Unforeseen, unexpected, sudden
Antonyms – Expected, foreseen, predicted
Example – The budget should include a certain percentage for unanticipated costs.
4) Notoriety (noun) – (बदनामी) – no-ter-ahy-i-tee
Meaning– the state of being famous or well known for some bad quality or deed, being known for something bad
Synonyms – Disrepute, ill-fame
Antonyms – Anonymity, decency, oblivion
Example – The notoriety of violence in the area keeps many tourists away from visiting that part of the city.
5) Illicit (adjective) (अवैध) – ih-lis-it
Meaning – going against what is considered to be normal
Synonyms – Illegal, unlawful, illegitimate
Antonyms – Legal, licit, legitimate
Example – The greedy company president did not hesitate to engage in illicit practices to increase the size of his annual bonus.
6) Tinkering (verb) (सुधारने की कोशिश करना) – tink-er-ing
Meaning – attempting to fix something without the required knowledge or skill
Synonyms – Fiddling, pottering, dabbling
Antonyms – Neglecting, ignoring
Example – I spent hours tinkering with my car trying to find out what was wrong with it, but I failed to accomplish anything at all.
7) Footprint (Noun) – foot-print
Meaning – the area covered by something, in particular
Synonyms – coverage, impression
Example – With the introduction of free data for a long time , JIO succeeded in covering a very large footprint in country.
8) Deploy (Verb) (तैनात करना) – di-ploy
Meaning – to make ready for use or combat
Synonyms – Arrange, order, line up
Antonyms – Withdraw, withhold, retract
Example – To help end the dictator’s rule, the United Nations will deploy troops to the small island country.
9) Intervention (Noun) (हस्तक्षेप) – in-ter-ven-shun
Meaning – the process of becoming purposefully entangled in another’s affairs
Synonyms –Interference, interruption, intrusion
Antonyms – Exasperation, non-interference
Example – Our nation’s intervention in another country’s war could pull us into the crisis.
10) Cushion ( (किसी बुरे प्रभाव को )नरम करना ) – kush-un
Meaning – something providing support or protection against impact (Noun) , soften or mitigate the effect of an impact on something (Verb) .
Synonyms – protection, shield, lessen, soften
Antonyms – Aggravate , agitate , annoy
Example – To cushion the blow that the workers were showing, wages and pensions were increased.
Word of The Day
- Mantle (Noun) – दायित्व
- Meaning – an important role or responsibility that passes from one person to another
- Synonyms – role, duty, responsibility, position, job, onus
- Example(English) – IT sectors have welcomed Infosys’ decision to hand over the mantle to Salil Parekh.
- Example (Hindi ) – आईटी संस्थाओं ने सलिल पारेख को दायित्व सौंपने के इन्फोसिस के फैसले का स्वागत किया है।
Now try to answer the following questions which are based on the given passage –
- Who wrote the Bitcoin as mentioned in the passage ?
- For which purpose , Bitcoin was actuly created ?
Given below are some words to check your vocabulary? Make sentences with those words in the comment section which will be reviewed by us :